Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Our Little Sparkler!


We had a great July 4th! Ryan was out of town (sigh!) but Livy and I managed to keep busy. We started off the morning going to the parade in Northville. Olivia loved every minute of this. She loved the fire trucks and their loud sirens (yep- she laughed as they drove by her!). She absolutely LOVED all the people and enjoyed "talking" to anybody that would listen to her.

Watching the parade (notice the tongue)!

After lunch we went to Kensington Park to camp out until the fireworks started. While we waited we stopped by the petting farm to see some animals. Olivia made some new friends... the cows! The baby cown liked to lick Livy's toes and the big cow wanted to lick her head.

Just had to get one together!

Sparklers are my very favorite thing to do on the 4th. In the past, I have sent Ryan out on the 4th to find me sparklers because it is simply not the 4th without them. And four or five store later... he found them. With all that said... I just had to introduce them to Livy. And to anyone out there freaking out... NO she did not hold one and NO she didn't even come close to one.

The fireworks didn't start until 10:10 p.m. so I was not sure how Olivia would do. Surprisingly she fell asleep in my arms before they started and stayed asleep through them.

Waiting for the fireworks to start!

Fast Asleep!