Sunday, June 22, 2008

A "Berry" Special Day

Today I decided to be adventurous and take Olivia strawberry picking. We pulled up to the strawberry field at 8:00 a.m.- nice and early. The field was already full of cute little old ladies picking their hearts out. It was so quite and peaceful... I almost felt bad taking Livy out of the car because I knew that the peace and quite was about to be interrupted. And sure enough I get Olivia into her stoller and she starts squealing a yelling with delight. Luckily all the ladies thought Livy was just a doll in her strawberry hat and they did not seem to mind the sudden disruption of silence. So we (and by "we" I mean "me") picked for about and hour and then headed home to make some yummy jam. Olivia was a big help and I am sure when we go next year she will be even more helpful (maybe I'll leave her with daddy next year!).
Watching mommy pick strawberries!
The sweetest berry in the field!
With the loot!
Adding a little extra love (drool) to the strawberries.
Mashing!
Adding the sugar!
Mixing it all up!
Yah! We did it!

3 comments:

Laura Webber said...

What a cutie!!!

I was salivating over your strawberries as well!

Jen said...

Cutest berry I've ever seen!

Unknown said...

Awww; so cute! We just ventured out and did the same thing this morning. Rainah loved it!